Saturday, August 11, 2007

humans?

While watching random U-tube videos I ran across this short series
"The history of woman sex symbols"
Its a slide show of famous female icons starting from early 1900's.
you really can tell a lot from pictures.
At first I thought to myself WOW!
The early women give new definition to the term timeless beauty.
Everyone of them just ooze some incredible combination of - womanhood, confidence, and individuality, and all in very feminine ways.
who decides what we find "attractive"?
Men or women?
As the history progresses the females go from strong - to frail and helpless looking, but the tribute ends with 70's icons.
Continuing on my own, today's images that set the impossible standard for us girls to live up to ...... seems to tell us we should be both/either - men and hormonal driven objects or divas..
where being "female" in any way is almost a weakness compared to the empowered bitches that are taking over everything.
The art of being woman is dead!
I have just as much sympathy for the men out there, the regular everyday ones .... and I have to agree with shania and say "that don't impress me much!!"
LOL now Im side tracked thinking of men and the second true love of my impressionable young dreams .... ahhhh sigh, Michael - ;)
ahem... anyway,
The world has become a very shallow and soulless place to live in, and I blame both sexes equally.
I credit "religion" and "science" combined as the causes.
where one as an establishment holds woman guilty for the down fall of man and sentences her to an eternally oppressed existence, the other as a theory almost erases her duty and role as a separate necessity.
In no way am I saying men and woman are not of equal worth and value, neither is above the other!
But what is happening?
When did men and women stop working together and start using each other or battling for control?
Personally I was born and raised inside a "mans world" I don't know how to relate to other women.
In attempting to figure it all out I went back to the beginning, if that's where the truth is found, and tried to understand the concept of Adam and Eve as founders of the human race, spiritually, philosophically, and scientifically according to what the study of evolution has taught us.
but what exactly have we evolved into?


I can wash out 44 pairs of socks and have 'em hangin out on the line
I can starch & iron 2 dozens shirts 'fore you can count from 1 to 9
I can scoop up a great big dipper full of lard from the drippins can
Throw it in the skillet, go out & do my shopping, be back before it melts in the pan
'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, I'll say it again

I can rub & scrub this old house til it's shinin like a dime
Feed the baby, grease the car, & powder my face at the same time
Get all dressed up, go out and swing til 4 a.m. and then
Lay down at 5, jump up at 6, and start all over again
'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, I'll say it again

If you come to me sickly you know I'm gonna make you well
If you come to me all hexed up you know I'm gonna break the spell
If you come to me hungry you know I'm gonna fill you full of grits
If it's lovin you're likin, I'll kiss you and give you the shiverin' fits
'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, I'll say it again

I can stretch! a green black dollar bill from here to kindom come!
I can play the numbers pay the bills and still end up with some!
I got a twenty-dollar gold piece says there ain't nothing I can't do
I can make a dress out of a feed bag and I can make a man out of you
'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, I'll say it again
'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, and that's all.

No comments: